Setting up a VFD to unknown motor

Hello, I am having A LOT of trouble getting a VFD working with a motor. I have no experience with VFDs but I have 20+ years of general workshop knowledge. The motor has no documentation or information except for “110V 1.2KW 2500RPM 21.04” I do not know what 12.04 means, perhaps the manufacture date? Motors has 3 wires + 1 ground wire.

I have looked up various things such as https://calculator.academy/hz-to-rpm-calculator/
So the motor should be around 62hz? When I set it to 110v and 60 or 62 hz it over currents immediately. It over current stops on a lot of settings I have tried.

When I set the VFD F009 to 380v and 165hz for F003, F004 and F005, the motor barely works. It over currents half the time and can not take any load. Trying to brute force changing the settings to something else that might work has failed, I have tried many different things. Tried changing F010 to a lot of different settings as well.

We are using the RATTMMOTOR 1.5KW VFD from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WJV3PM7?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if more information or pictures are needed.20240116_113504.jpg20240116_113521.jpg20240116_113546.jpg

One test is for 110V Hz power, under load.
The second test, you have already performed.
The bottom line, per an internet search is that 3-phase motors motors are required, good luck finding your new motor, with specs

I would prefer connecting the motor to a direct 110 V 60 Hz power supply under no load condition and measure the true RMS current in each phase & then apply a Full load and measure the currents, along with PF & RPM. Since you don’t know full ratted current from your kW, V & PF back calculate the current. Beware that at full load your RPM should not be less than the ratted. Add a conservative 3 % buffer to the current and set that as full load current in your VFD drive. If you have a facility to do a locked rotor test that would be add more confidence to it, else you have the risk of pumping more current than the ratted to the motor and damaging it permanently.

Alternatively ask the OEM of the Motor to share the Data sheet of the motor.

For optimal motor performance, connect it to a direct 110V 60Hz power supply in a no-load condition and measure the true RMS current in each phase. Subsequently, apply a full load, measuring currents, power factor (PF), and RPM. Without knowing the full-rated current from the provided parameters, calculate it. Ensure full load RPM doesn't fall below the rated, and add a conservative 3% buffer to the current, setting it as full load current in your VFD drive. If possible, conduct a locked rotor test for added confidence, as failure to do so risks overloading the motor and causing permanent damage.