replacement ABB AC450 controller by using profibus

J

john

We got an older ABB AC450 system. Now we will get a new control platform based on a siemens S7 platform. Is there a possibility to keep the existing ABB I/O racks and install for example a profibus card in the main rack? Or is there a better solution to do this?

Thanks

john

Hello John,

Not in good idea,the only thing is to sending out from the controller to S7,if there any control (PID/Analog controler, etc), that would be problem with speed, and trending, if only sending information from the whole data of the controller, that is possible, preferable in modbus, you can directly email to me to get further.

[email protected]

P

Pedro Miguel

Dear Sr:
If you have S800 I/O in your Old Advant Controller System you have to change the communication Interface to Profibus Option and you could use the S800 I/O.

If your controller has the S100 I/O i think that is not possible or reliable.

Regards,
Pedro Miguel

S

System Integrator

Pedro, have you actually done a conversion from the AF100 module to the Profibus module? I have been researching this and feel that it should work, but the devil is always in the details.

[email protected]

Why don't use TCP/IP?!

Hardware necessary:
Use AC450 carrier board Sc510 and a TCP/IP board CI546 to communicate using the ABB-VIP protocol.
S7 needs Ethernetboard (400/300-series)
Over TCP/IP all relevant data could be transferred to/from the new S7-system.
This functions are proved working at several places...