Generator tripping on differential protection relay

Hey was hoping some may be able to provide some insight on a generator that is causing some grief to us on our grid.
Engine was recently rebuilt, and a rebuilt/refurbished alternator installed as well.
Now when bringing the generator online we are only able to get up to 300kw out of it before it opens the breaker on a differential trip. This is a 4160v 1500kw gen, the alternator has been baker tested and passed all tests.
The generator is able to handle up to 250kw and no alarms or trips are triggered.
All ct's and pt's replaced and.polarities checked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is a snippet of the protection faults as well if it helps. Thanks.
1000003903.jpg

Hey was hoping some may be able to provide some insight on a generator that is causing some grief to us on our grid.
Engine was recently rebuilt, and a rebuilt/refurbished alternator installed as well.
Now when bringing the generator online we are only able to get up to 300kw out of it before it opens the breaker on a differential trip. This is a 4160v 1500kw gen, the alternator has been baker tested and passed all tests.
The generator is able to handle up to 250kw and no alarms or trips are triggered.
All ct's and pt's replaced and.polarities checked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is a snippet of the protection faults as well if it helps. Thanks.
View attachment 3957
Hey

Is that new unit installation/commissioning or unit already operated without Differential protection trip?

Hey

Is that new unit installation/commissioning or unit already operated without Differential protection trip?
Hey, it was an already existing unit witj protection, that ran for 20k hrs and just had a full rebuild done on it, alternator was also an old piece that was sent out and rebuilt.

Hey, it was an already existing unit witj protection, that ran for 20k hrs and just had a full rebuild done on it, alternator was also an old piece that was sent out and rebuilt.
Hey

It would be good to get some trends from this unit with essentials datas like Current Active Reactive power..Power factor load nature

@ajb8787...
Welcome to Control Automation
There a relatively simple way to set an "87", and "87N", but it depends on experience of those doing it!
If you, or others in your facility, are confident that working around a live, rotating machine but separated from the load bus, I will post the procedure to this forum!
Regards, Phil Corso (PE, retired but still "energized")

@ajb8787...
There a relatively simple way to set an "87", and "87N", but it depends on experience of those doing it!
If you, or others in your facility, are confident that working around a live, rotating machine but separated from the load bus, I will post the procedure to this forum!
Hey thanks, yes we have some pretty competitive individuals here I would appreciate seeing the procedure, thanks a lot to both of you for the replies. I will try to get some some data for you today as well controlsguy25

Generator tripping on differential protection relay
Unwatch
[IMG align="left" alt="ajb8787"]https://control.com/forums/data/avatars/m/34/34177.jpg?1711910001[/IMG]

ajb8787

Yesterday at 1:48 PM

1000003903.jpg

Like Reply
[IMG align="left" alt="ControlsGuy25"]https://control.com/forums/data/avatars/m/0/844.jpg?1575032792[/IMG]

ControlsGuy25

Yesterday at 2:57 PM
ajb8787 said:
View attachment 3957
Hey

ControlsGuy25.
Experienced Controls systems Technical Advisor ( worked on 25 projects in 20 countries worldwide) .
Power Generation & Industrial systems .
Like Reply
[IMG align="left" alt="ajb8787"]https://control.com/forums/data/avatars/m/34/34177.jpg?1711910001[/IMG]

ajb8787

Yesterday at 3:28 PM
ControlsGuy25 said:
Hey

Like Reply
[IMG align="left" alt="ControlsGuy25"]https://control.com/forums/data/avatars/m/0/844.jpg?1575032792[/IMG]

ControlsGuy25

Yesterday at 4:37 PM
ajb8787 said:
Hey

It would be good to get some trends from this unit with essentials datas like Current Active Reactive power..Power factor load nature

ControlsGuy25.
Experienced Controls systems Technical Advisor ( worked on 25 projects in 20 countries worldwide) .
Power Generation & Industrial systems .
Like Reply
P

PhilCorso

Yesterday at 9:01 PM
@ajb8787...

Report Edit

ajb8787

Today at 2:55 AM
PhilCorso said:
@ajb8787...
Hey thanks, yes we have some pretty competitive individuals here I would appreciate seeing the procedure, thanks a lot to both of you for the replies. I will try to get some some data for you today as well controlsguy25

Like Reply

ajb8787

Today at 9:34 AM
*competent, not competitive.

Like Reply
P

PhilCorso

3 minutes ago
@ajb8787...
'87' Test attached!

Attachments

@ajb8787...
Were u able to retrieve the "87" and "87N" Test procedures, despite the Forum's Refusal to accept my files because they were too large?
Regards, to all!
Phil Corso (PE, somewhat retired)
PS: there are Sensitivity and Stability checks as well, if needed!

@ajb8787...
Were u able to retrieve the "87" and "87N" Test procedures, despite the Forum's Refusal to accept my files because they were too large?
Regards, to all!
Phil Corso (PE, somewhat retired)
PS: there are Sensitivity and Stability checks as well, if needed!
Hey, yes I was thank you very much. Appreciate the help from both of you in the thread. Found a couple ct wires that were mislabeled causing all the issues. Thanks again and taker easy.