I think these questions or related have been asked previously and mostly answered by you, but I couldn't get through to them as those pages are old and it showing error and won't load.
I am in need of some help as I need to do the following for a project and have never worked on ABB PLCs. Two previous projects have been done with very little documentation and there are no procedure that I could find to go forward from the previous work done.
I am explaining the project so if poosible you can give your insight, please.
Project 1 - Fan Control: ABB PM 573 and HMI CP650: Previously the system has been installed and commissioned with the these. They are both talking to each other over Ethernet cable through a dumb switch.
Project 2 - Fan Control: ABB PM 573 and HMI CP630: Previously the system has been installed and commissioned with the these. They are both talking to each other over Ethernet cable through a dumb switch.
Project 3 - Fan Control: ABB PM 564. Currently I have decided to use PM 564 to control the speed of a third fan (need one AI and AO).
I am then connecting all three PLCs to CP651 HMI. The scope is to change the speed of all three fans from the newly installed HMI, while the project 1 and 2 can still have their local HMIs.
The scope also includes the change of IP addresses to make all three projects on the same Network.
1. Change IP address: Project 1 - Fan Control: ABB PM 573 and HMI CP650
2. Change IP address: Project 2 - Fan Control: ABB PM 573 and HMI CP630
1. No source code file on SD card
2. Lots of program codes for the previous two projects. Don't know which works and which not, and the liability is too high for any kind of experimentation.
Things established / done (work shop):
1. Established communication to all PLCs (tests done in the work shop), I am pretty much familiar with the PLCs etc now.
2. AI and AO configurations etc
3. IP address change through PS501 Controller Builder Plus 2.3.0 Release Build 339.
Now the issues are that due to liability and lack of which code is running on the current PLCs, I am looking into options to have the best possible approach in carry out any work on the existing and running PLCs (Project 1 and 2).
I need to know if it is possible to do the following.
1. Change PLCs Network configuration (IP address etc) on the PLC (running or stoped) through the LCD.
2. Get a backup (source code) from the PLC on an SD card for future extensions.
Also in regards to the HMIs IP address changing, on Project 1 and 2, I am thinking about the following procedure: (suggestions etc)
Task 3 HMI Panel Modification 3a. Connect to HMI with the same network IP 3b. Upload HMI program (Backup) to PC 3c. Copy Backup and make changes to copied file only 3d. Change Ip Address of HMI 3e. Change IP address of PLC in Ethernet protocol configuration 3f. Download HMI Program
I am also hoping that after upload the HMI program I can just use the tags from Project 1 and 2 and just reflect them in the New HMI (CP651) panel page.
Software in use:
1. Control Builder Plus 2.3.0 Release Build 339
2. Panel Builder 1.90.0 Build 623 - CP650 & CP630
3. Panel Builder 600 Version 2.8.0 Build 424 - CP651 (Licensed). However, does not show CP650 and CP630 as panel options.
I have tried to make sense in explain the scope of work. Would appreciate help in this regard.