Today is...
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
A demonstration of EtherCAT control of linear motors using the CTC EtherCAT master.
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Honeywell Experion CM Slow Scheduling
Honeywell Experion R4.1 - want to schedule a PID block to execute once an hour.

I am doing an APC application with Honeywell Experion R4.1. I would like to schedule a function block (PID) to run once every 30 Min to 1 hour. Does anyone know a way to get around the 2 min maximum cycle time in the scheduler? Or an alternative method?

This is an APC application that for process reasons should run on a long cycle time. I could write my own PID control block in a CM with a scheduler, but would prefer to use one of the built in Experion functions.

Dale.smith@apco-inc.com

The PID block can be run in C300/C200 controllers or in a ACE node. In a C300/C200 DCS controller, the slowest scan time is 2sec.

Since you need your PID block to be executed only once in 30mins~1hr, you need an ACE node which is widely used for APC applications. It is basically a Dell Server platform running Controller software (CEE in Honeywell dictionary) so that all logics can be built into it same like in a DCS controller. Please note that ACE node does not support any field IO connections.

Regards,
Abhilash