Bad PV Alarms in RS3/DeltaV Inputs

J

Joao Queiroz

I am reactivating a thread from 2003,
http://control.com/thread/1026176250, where an issue reporting constant alarms on analog measurements in a system that is a conversion from RS3 to DeltaV.

We are facing the exact same problem and therefore I would appreciate any input.

<b>Moderator's Note: the following is the text from the original thread.</b>

We recently converted from RS3 to DeltaV. During the temporary switch over we immediately encountered Bad PV Alarms on Analog and RTD measurements. The RTDs are RTDs not transmitters. We knew we had a couple grounding issues to resolve... but after the permanent switch over, resolution to all grounding procedures and plant startup... the Bad PVs are back. Same wiring, same instruments as with the RS3 system. We didn't have this problem with the RS3 though. We'll get hundreds of these alarms a day. They're now suppressed but are filling the event logger. Blocks are configured to switch to manual during the Bad status and then return to previous state. So... we're working around it, but need to solve it. Am wondering if it's software issue, i.e. software misses the read and sets the Bad PV.