SSRS with SCADA

P

pouya

Hi,

I am designing a report in Proficy HMI/SCADA iFIX 5.8, and I know it is integrated with Crystal report. But I prefer to use Microsoft SQL server reporting service (SSRS) with RDL or RDLC files. Is there any way to do that? I also thought about maybe designing the report in SQL server database and then lunching them from SCADA (don't know if this is possible just a thought!). If anyone have any experience regarding integration of SCADA and SSRS, I really would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

D

Dave Ferguson

I have done work with Rockwell HMI and SSRS, we launch a web browser that calls the report from SQL services .....so HMI button calls an ActiveX web browser embedded on a report graphic and calls the report.

Dave Ferguson
Control Systems Engineer

Thank you very much for your answer. In this case, the same approach should be possible in SCADA; meaning I design a ifix picture with only an activeX and then lunch the report (designed by Report Designer and saved in DB) form SQL server DB at the run time.

You may not be aware that GE now offers Dream Report as their preferred reporting solution. It has direct connectivity to all GE products and databases and if you would like to use SQL, it can support that as well. For example, if you are using GE PA, Dream Report will directly execute the Plant Applications Stored Procedures. You can also copy and paste SSRS SQL Statements directly into Dream Report for execution.