Problem Connecting Laptop PC to Controller via RS-232

S

Scott Hill

<p>I have three single axis controllers each using an OC950 card and each running a brushless servo motor. The hard copy of the BAS program I have sets the program to autostart on power up, then it implements an infinite loop which contains a couple subroutine calls to cause the servo to home and to cycle.
<pre>
main

accelrate = 100000

decelrate = 200000

enable = 1

autostart = 1

intri5hi = 1 'estop routine

out7 = 1 'servo done

out8 = 1 'servo waiting at transition

while(1)

while(enabled = 0)

abortmotion

wend

if(inp2 = 0) then Call Cycle

if(inp1 = 0) then Call Home

wend

end main
</pre>
<p>As I understand it, I can’t access the controller to upload the executing program via RS-232 while the program is running. The problem is that the program starts executing on power up so there’s no point where I can initiate communications with the 950IDE software. How do I break the program execution so I can communicate with the card to make changes to the program.

<p>I am using an RS-232C cable and 950IDE software on a laptop PC running Windows XP and when I try to upload the program from the card I get "target not responding". The status light reads [0.] which the manual tells me indicates the driver is not enabled, but the program is running. How do I get it out of the infinite loop to display a status [0 ]? I didn't set this up, but I need to get in and make some changes to the program.

<p>Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

<p>Thanks,<br>
Scott Hill

J

Jorge Rivera

This post have a long time, but now I have the same problem.

How do you solve that?

Thank you